Say Goodbye to Summer: Summer Clothes Storage Done the Right Way
Hefty How-To: Clothing Storage Ideas
As summer winds down and the temperatures drop, it’s time to put away swimsuits and bring out the sweaters. With these smart suggestions for successful summer clothing storage, we can show you how to store your summer favorites.
1) Clothing should always be stored in a cool, dark and dry place. Attics and basements may seem like ideal storage places, but they are more susceptible to temperature changes and less ventilated than other areas of the house.
2) Store clothes by type (e.g., shirts, shorts or dresses) in clearly labeled plastic tubs like Storage Solutions so it’s easier to unpack and get organized when temperatures warm up again.
3) Do not store linen garments folded. Rather, these items should be rolled to prevent these pieces from becoming permanently creased.
4) If you utilize fabric storage bags, don’t forget to wash the bags after each season to remove dust.
5) Donate any clothes you did not wear this summer. If you didn’t wear it in the past few months, chances are, you won’t wear it again.