Perfect Cookies for Santa
When Santa breaks out the reindeer to deliver presents to all the children on Christmas Eve, give him a delicious plate of cookies to refuel and keep his energy up! Here are some ways to ensure the best batch for this annual jolly visitor:
Always use a sheet of Reynolds® Parchment Paper on your baking sheet for even baking – no crumbling or cracking!
Measure out the perfect sized cookies using a cookie scoop. You can also use a spring-loaded small ice cream scooper in a pinch.
Serve finished cookies on an eye-catching red Hefty® Style™ Cut-Resistant Plate so Santa will easily find his sweet treat!
Store leftovers in a Hefty Slider Bag to keep cookies fresh.
Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe, Servings: 20
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, optional
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 package (12 oz.) or 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with Reynolds® Parchment Paper; set aside. On another sheet of parchment paper, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; set aside.
- BEAT together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl, with an electric mixer, until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- ADD flour mixture gradually to butter mixture; beat until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto parchment-lined cookie sheets.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.