Mother’s Day Flowers
Mother’s Day is a great way for kids to thank Mom for all she does…and what better way to show appreciation than with beautiful Mother’s Day crafts? These Mother’s Day flowers aren’t your everyday blooms – they’re woven! Ask kids to pick their favorite colorful yarn and paint, grab a Hefty® Everyday™ foam plate, and follow these steps to give Mom a gift that she’ll always remember.
Here’s a tip: Lightly spritz the woven blooms with floral-scented perfume so they smell straight out of the garden!
- Paint plate in the color of your choice
- Cut eight short segments along the perimeter of plate
- Wrap yarn tightly around slits to form a loom and knot behind plate to secure
- Take long pieces of colorful yarn and weave in and out of loom strings, starting in the center and working way around the circle
- Cut around edges of plate to form flower outline – experiment with pointy or curvy shapes
- Glue a green pipe cleaner to bottom of flower to create a stem
- Deliver flowers to Mom!