Super Peach Smoothie: Use the Last of Your Summer Produce for Easy Meal Planning Ideas
Hefty How-To: Meal Planning Ideas
As summer winds down and you make your last trips to the farmers’ markets, here is our favorite way for everyone in the family to enjoy the last of that delicious summer produce: smoothies!
Stone fruit like peaches freeze extraordinarily well. Set aside fresh fruit now for a delicious peach smoothie in the cooler seasons to come.
1) Select freestone peaches that are ripe and ready to eat. Mushy or unripened peaches will not work.
2) Blanch your peaches to easily remove the peel.
3) Slice your peaches and soak them in cold water with a touch of lemon juice to prevent browning.
4) Then, place slices apart on a wax paper lined cookie sheet and put peaches in freezer.
5) Once frozen, peel peach slices off and fill in slider bags with the right amount of fruit.