Kids Birthday Party Ideas for Winter
The threat of freezing temperatures and snowy weather can make the prospect of hosting any winter get-together slightly intimidating. But when it comes to birthdays, bad weather is no excuse to skip out on a party! Don’t let winter get in the way of throwing your child a fantastic birthday this season; use the following winter kids’ birthday party ideas and start party planning:
- Just because it’s winter doesn’t mean you can’t throw a summer-themed party! Visit an indoor pool for swimming and diving fun, or turn your living room into a sunshine-filled indoor beach with ice cream sundaes, beach towels and balloon volleyball.
- Another option for winter birthday party ideas is to embrace the cold weather. Activities like ice skating, sledding and snow-shoeing are all fun to do as a group. Or, host kids in your backyard for snowman and igloo-building contests. Don’t forget the hot chocolate station and lots of edible snowman-shaped goodies.
- If you’re planning a party during a blizzard or other bad weather, consider treating your guests to an indoor movie. Provide individual popcorn or candy snack bags, and along with goody bags that align with the theme of whatever movie you see. Meet for pizza before or after the movie at a nearby restaurant; some theaters even have party rooms available so you can bring your own!
- For girly-girls, a day at the spa makes for a great birthday celebration. Treat guests to manicures or pedicures and let the girls pick their own polish colors. Providing fuzzy robes and cucumber slices will add extra special touches.
- Throwing an indoor camping party is a fun, warm way to bring the great outdoors into your living room. Pitch a tent, tell scary stories and roast marshmallows over the fireplace for a fun camping experience that won’t force you to brave the elements.
As long as you plan for the weather and get creative with winter birthday party ideas, snow and ice won’t be an issue! With so many kids birthday party ideas out there, winter birthday parties are sure to be a success.