Fun & Productive Snow Day Activities
Snow days are always a special treat. An unexpected day free of work, school and other daily tasks provides you the opportunity to catch up on your to-do list and indulge in fun activities you don’t normally have time for.
On your next snow day, plan out some fun and productive snow activities instead of wasting the day away. Take advantage of your surprise day off and try some of Hefty’s ideas for snow day activities to stay active, occupied and entertained all day.
plastic food containers for meals that will be all ready for later in the week.
A day off is the perfect time to get ahead on your cooking for the week. Make a big pot of chili, lots of pasta or some casserole and enjoy a hearty meal for lunch. Save the leftovers in
- Cook for the Week - A day off is the perfect time to get ahead on your cooking for the week. Make a big pot of chili, lots of pasta or some casserole and enjoy a hearty meal for lunch. Save the leftovers in
- Scrapbook - When you’ve got nothing to do, going through all of your old pictures is a great activity for adults and kids to do together. Find your favorites and spend an artsy day scrapbooking and reliving old memories.
- Watch Home Videos - Watching old home videos as a family is another fun way to spend a snow day. You’ll be in for plenty of laughs and kids will love watching themselves at a younger age. Plus, you’ll feel much better about spending hours watching family videos than a trashy TV show.
- Clean Up the House - Use your snow day to get your house a little more in order. Even if you spend time cleaning up just one or two rooms, you’ll have a cleaner house than you would on a normal day and will feel accomplished.
- Get a Head Start on Valentine’s Day - If you’re stuck at home all day, why not get a start on the upcoming holidays? Put your kids to work and have them start crafting Valentines for family members, friends and classmates. You’ll save time later and won’t have to do them the night before.
- Read by the Fire - There’s nothing better than snuggling up by a warm fire on a cold, snowy day. Grab your favorite books and read out loud to your kids in front of the flames. Not only will it provide you with some quality family time, but you’ll also sneak in some educational activity.
- Have a Spa Day - Snow days are a time to indulge, so treat yourself and your girls to a mini spa day at home. Take turns giving each other manicures, pedicures, back rubs and hair-dos for a fun way to get dolled up and relax without leaving the house.
- Go Through Old Clothes - Hand your kids trash bags and have them fill them up with clothes they’ve outgrown or no longer wear. Even a few minutes spent going through closets can leave you with tons of empty space and bags full of clothes that are ready to donate.
These snow day activities will keep you and your kids entertained all day long, and can even help you turn a lazy day into an incredibly productive one. Brainstorm your own snow activities and enjoy your day off!