Make Your Own Ice Cream In a Bag
If you don’t own an ice cream maker or don’t want to mess with the clean-up, whip up ice cream in Hefty® Slider Bags! You’ll have ice cream in less than 10 minutes and the kids can help.
Fun fact: Ice cream has a lower freezing point than water. Salt “cools down” the ingredients and allows them to thicken and freeze before the ice cubes completely melt.
Check out this video to see just how easy it is to make ice cream in a bag:
Step-by-Step Instructions (download PDF here)
- One Hefty® 1 Gallon Storage Bag
- Ice cubes to fill Hefty® 1 Gallon Storage Bag halfway
- ½ cup of kosher or rock salt
- One Hefty® 1 Quart Storage Bag
- ½ cup of half & half
- 1 drop of vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. of sugar
- Your favorite mix-ins & toppings (nuts, sprinkles, etc.)
- Mix ice and salt in Hefty® 1 Gallon Storage Bag
- Mix half & half with vanilla and sugar in Hefty® 1 Quart Storage Bag and seal the bag
- Place Hefty® 1 Quart Slider bag into the Hefty® 1 Gallon Storage Bag and seal the bag
- Shake bag for 5 minutes
- Add mix-ins to ice cream in Hefty® 1 Quart Storage Bag
Enjoy your homemade ice cream straight from the bag!